We all have the same 24 hours in a day but how come it seems that other people get more done?Answer – they manage their time better. Here are some tips to help you to make more time in your day.
1. Once a week, usually on the weekend, plan out the entire upcoming week with all of your projects and appointments.
2. Every night, plan the next day and write out your “To Do” list.
3. With your ‘To Do” list, prioritize the items and number them in order of importance starting with #1. Schedule time slots to make sure that the TOP 3 will get done. Then look at the rest of your list and see what is REALLY a MUST DO then put it on your list for tomorrow.
4. Make sure you schedule time for exercise! It is as important as any other activity on your list because without your health, all of the items on your list, won’t get done.
5. Lay out your clothes the night before and include your workout gear.
6. Prep your meals the night before to save time and to help keep you on your healthy meal plan. If you can, you should do your meal prep for the WEEK on Sunday!
7. Don’t multi task during important projects – just FOCUS. Studies have proven that if you are distracted, like answering the phone, it will take you at least 15 to 30 minutes to get back to being productive.
8. Check your emails and social medial sites on a SCHEDULE and stick to it! It is too easy to do a “quick check” and still find yourself on the site 30 minutes later!