Do you throw away your left overs or food that you bought but did not eat? Guess what, a recent study done by the American Chemistry Council found that the average American household throws away $640 annually in food! Could you use that $640 for something else? I bet you said yes! So check out the details and see where you fall:
- 76% of participants throw away leftovers at least 1 time per month.
- 53% threw away leftovers weekly.
- 50%+ threw away food that they bought but did not eat.
Even though they threw away food, 70% of the participants were bothered by wasting the food.
So how can you save your money? Check out these simple tips:
1. Eat your leftovers – simple
2. If you buy it, you should eat it. This is a great one especially if you are trying to live a healthy (Smartte) lifestyle. When you are at the grocery store, try not to purchase any items that will hurt your healthy habits; f it is in the house, you will eat it. So if you buy lots of yummy fruits and nuts, you will now eat them all and get heathy!
Let us know how you are doing and enjoy your new found money!