We all want to be healthier and we generally know what is “good” for us compared to what is “bad” – right?
Check out this list and we think you will be surprised by what you are eating!
Here are the Top 3 foods you need to know about:
1. Fried Food – did you know that by eating fried foods, you can shorten your life span?
Eating too many fried foods is not only linked to weight gain, but to stroke and increased risk of various cancers including breast, lung and prostate.
2. Soda – Basically soda is liquid candy and is linked to increased risk of certain cancers, premature aging and hormone disruption as most contain high fructose corn syrup.
3. Rounding out the top 3 “Bad” foods is Sugar!
Studies show that it can damage your heart, promote belly fat and may also be linked to various cancers.
Also, just like alcohol, it has similar toxic liver effects.
On a positive note, here are 5 easy super foods you should be eating:
1. Bananas – Bananas are rich in potassium and help to reduce blood pressure, prevent strokes and boost bone health.
Another benefit, they are “nature’s energy bar” and will give you a boost anytime.
2. Broccoli – This green vege is jammed packed with vitamins!
Did you know that broccoli has more vitamin C then an orange and it’s calcium content is comparable to a glass of milk?
3. Citrus Fruits – Fruits like oranges and grapefruits are rich in flavonoids that help combat free radicals and help protect blood vessels.
In addition, they are your inflammation controllers.
4. Berries – Fruits like strawberries, raspberries and black berries are filled with antioxidants which are enzymes that help prevent disease and reverse aging.
5. Water – Did you know that you can’t live without water?
It not only keeps your body hydrated, but keeps your skin looking young and helps keep your muscles energized.
In addition, it helps your body’s waist process and maintains your kidney health.