Confidence is not something that you find or “get”. You already HAVE IT! All you have to do is CHOOSE to use it!
Here are 8 tips to turn on your confidence because you deserve to feel AMAZING about yourself:
1. Pay attention to your body language. Are standing up tall with great posture or are you slumping over.
2. Do a “Power Pose” for 2 minutes and watch your confidence explode! Try this one: Stand up tall with your hands on your hips, shoulders back and feet a hips width apart – just like Wonder Woman. Yes it is OK to laugh while you are doing it – try it, it works!
3. SMILE!!! Try smiling BIG for 15 seconds and feel your mood improve.
4. Post positive reminders and motivational sayings around your home like by your bed and in the bathroom.
( check out IAmSmartte.com for some FREE ones you can print off)
5. Pay attention to your Self Talk. What are you saying to yourself? Do these sound familiar:
“This makes me look fat” or
“I’m having a bad hair day”?
Remember, what you say about yourself impacts how you feel and your confidence.Solution: keep a journal of these negative thoughts and then write a new POSITIVE thought to replace it!
6. Exercise! When you exercise, you automatically feel better and PROUD of yourself!
7. CHOOSE! Make a conscience choice to be confident!
8. Fake it till you feel it! I know it sounds weird but studies have shown that if you pretend to be confident and act like a “confident person”, you will eventually be that person!