In this new book “Slim by Design: Mindless Eating Solutions for Everyday Life”, Food Psychologist and Director of the Cornell University Food and Brand Lab Brian Wansink, gives you tips to improve your health just by changing your environment, not increasing your willpower!!! Here are a few of his findings. Thanks to CBS This Morning this eye opening information!
- Sit far from the kitchen so you are not tempted by all of the food!
- Sit next to a window!
- Choose high – top tables instead of the cozy booth.
Your Kitchen Tips:
- If your kitchen in messy, you are 44% more likely to eat more snacks!
- If you leave cereal on your counter, you are more likely to be 21 lbs heavier!
- If you have chips or cookies on your counter, yep add another 10 lbs!
Grocery Shopping Tips:
- Chew MINT GUM while shopping to help cut impulse spending.
- Visit the produce areas FIRST!
- The color of your plate matters! Choose colors that are different than the color of your food.
- Choose a smaller plate, like a 9″ plate instead of the standard 12″ plate. This way, you will serve less!!!