Are you ready for a new job or career? Would you like some tips to help you stand out? Check out these easy career tips to help you start working today!
- Be On-Time to your interview
- Don’t chew GUM!!!
- Dress appropriately – yes that means no flip flops, make sure that no bra straps showing, and yes your club clothes are out. A good rule of thumb is to always dress professionally no matter what position you are applying for.
- Turn your cell phone off during the interview.
- BRING A PEN to fill out the application – it is a bad sign to the employer when you ask for a pen – it shows that you are not prepared.
- Bring an up to date resume – yes, even if you are applying for an entry level position. This will make you stand out and let the employer know you are serious about the opportunity.
- Make great eye contact during your interview and ASK QUESTIONS about the position!
- FOLLOW UP! If you want the job, make sure you follow up in a few days. Even if the employer wants you, some will wait to see if YOU follow up to see how much you want to be there.
- If you really want a job at a certain company but none is available, ask if there are volunteer internship position available. Volunteer – what???? Yep, get your foot in the door and make yourself so valuable that they will find a paid position for you!
For more great career tips and workshops, check out Smartte U! For some great interviewing skills, Click on the Smartte Interview Workshop.